How is our Hypnobabies® Childbirth Hypnosis Class different from other Childbirth Hypnosis programs?
We are asked many times what is the difference between Hypnobabies and other natural childbirth or hypno-birthing programs, and on this page we answer that question by telling you what we do well without disparaging any other particular group. Other natural childbirth courses have excellent programs and benefits that have helped many women have better, more relaxed births. We recognize that and celebrate them and what they do every day for birthing women! Below the following article are unsolicited quotes from some of our Hypnobabies Hypno-Moms who have taken another kind of childbirth course first, and then gone on to enjoy their Hypnobabies program and birth experience. They were happy to share their experiences with you, to encourage and support you on your hypno-journey!
Here at Hypnobabies, our Mission is very clear:
Hypnobabies exists, and all of our staff and Instructors work diligently every day, for the following ideals:
- To help every expectant mother prepare for her baby's birth in a way that helps her fully enjoy the rest of her pregnancy in health and peace, so that she eagerly looks forward to her birthing day.
- To help every expectant mother have the easiest, safest and most comfortable childbirth experience she can, allowing her to fully enjoy her birthing, and pass that legacy along to her children, friends and family.
- To educate and support all Birth Partners, so that they too can look forward to and enjoy the birth of their child with confidence, retaining the memory of childbirth as a beautiful, inspiring life event.
- To help babies be born as gently and safely as possible, so that their entrance into our world can be one of joy and wonder, quiet and peace.
- To support our Hypno-Moms, no matter what their choices are, before, during and after their babies are born. Every mother counts; every baby is loved; every birth is a gift.
- To educate the medical community on the benefits of natural childbirth, how to work with couples who have chosen this wonderful way to give birth, and to respect each birthing woman's choices as she comes to them for prenatal care and birthing assistance.
- To educate the natural childbirth community on the special needs and desires of Hypnobabies birthing couples, towards an easier and more enjoyable experience for all.
in the sacredness of childbirth as an easy, natural process that can be enhanced by a journey within, a deep trust of birth itself, and the inner knowledge that you already know how to give birth.
You always have.
We are Changing the Way Babies are Born, the Way Women Experience Birth, and the Way Natural Childbirth is Perceived.
Copyright Hypnobabies 2010. All rights reserved.
Hypnosis has proven to be one of the most effective means of bringing about the changes you desire in your life. While in hypnosis your conscious, or critical mind (the part that's analyzing this now), is temporarily turned down and you work directly with the hidden, feeling mind where real change takes place quickly. Hypnosis is a SAFE, natural response which allows you greater control over all aspects of your life. Your conscious mind is powerful. Your subconscious mind is infinitely more powerful!
Below are unsolicited quotes from some of our Hypnobabies Hypno-Moms who have taken another kind of childbirth course first, and then gone on to enjoy their Hypnobabies program and birth experience.
- Mom # 1
This is an easy one for me. I used a regular hypnobirthing program for my first birth and have chosen to use Hypnobabies for this one (guess date 02/28/06). With the hypnobirthing I did not feel as prepared and as confident as I do with this one. Hypnobabies is so much more in depth and comprehensive that it makes all the difference to me. I feel so much more confident in my choices, more prepared to deal with the unexpected and a stronger resolve that things will happen the way that I want them to and not what the Docs want. My birth is not to be convenient for them but all about me and my baby’s health. This pregnancy I have made a lot of major choices like switching to a midwife at 4 months, going to a natural birthing center unit, hiring a doula, and laying out specifically what I want to happen. It is nice to feel empowered by the program simply because I know what me options are. I didn't get that with the hypnobirthing one and that is something I feel pretty strong about. Hypnobabies (the staff and program) have been so supportive of me that I could not have asked for anything more.
Class1: Introduction to Hypnobabies:
Introduction to Hypnobabies’ Philosophies and Positive Mindset; Pregnancy Anatomy and Physiology; Belief Systems; The Power of Words and How They Affect Us; How Your Mind Works – The Conscious and Subconscious; The Mind/Body Connection; What Hypnosis is and is NOT; Demonstrations of Hypnosis; How Fear Affects Comfort and Length of Labor; Fear Clearing for Childbirth; The Importance of Daily Birthing Affirmations; The Gifts Your Body Gives You – Your Beautiful Uterus and How it Works; Creating Your “Mental Lightswitch”. Partner Communication Exercise and the “Contract of Trust”.